Страници

January 5, 2017

2017 NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS

2017 NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS


Hello! I believe 2017 is going to be a great year. 2016 was a good year for me and I believe the good things will continue to happen in 2017. I have nothing in mind except the fact that I’ll finish my Master’s degree in the summer.

Last time I set my goals for the year was 2015 I believe. It wasn’t a fail nor a success, let’s say it was 50/50. This year I decided to set more realistic goals.

Visit Istanbul or Edinburgh – me and Kris, we have friends living there and if we can’t do this, well… we really suck at travelling...

Buy our first car – it’s been a long time since I had my driving license (and haven’t driven since then). I think everyone should know how to drive. Last year we searched far and wide and we couldn’t find it, so I hope this year we will and Kris will let me drive it… probably.

Start a YouTube channel – I’ve been considering it for a few months and I think now is the perfect time to do it. I watch YouTube videos every day and I see that there are videos for everyone. I hope people will watch mine as well. And if not now, when? I always delay everything so that I am fully prepared because I’m a perfectionist and this didn’t lead to anything, literally. That’s why I want to try to make videos. It’s not going to be so hard.

Start a side job/freelance work – not that I don’t like my job but I want to be financially free from some point in my life. And anything can happen, I want to make sure that I have a backup plan for my life.

Read at least 20 books – last year I’ve read around 10 books and I want to fix this mistake. Plus I downloaded a reading app on my phone so I can read when I’m out of the house – at a coffee, at lunch break or anywhere when I need to wait.

Exercise!!! – I want to get back in shape. Since graduating in 2013 I haven’t been doing a lot of exercises which is a shame. Not that I’m fat but I’m not skinny neither. I’m dedicated that I will succeed this year and I already bought my 1 month GYM membership!

Eat healthier – I want to achieve a healthier body. I want to start eating more fruits and veggies, less meat and I want to reduce the junk food as far as I can. I already started this process back in 2015 and I see a lot of progress but I know that I can do better. I also want to learn how to make healthy desserts and meals so that I won’t feel guilty when I’m eating an ice cream or pizza.

Make some time in the morning and in the evening for me – makeup, face masks, etc. I’ve been neglecting these things for the last year or so. I plan to stick on a routine. Especially a morning one because I’m a night owl (coincidence? I think not) and I don’t like to get up early. I go to bed late and I sleep as long as I can in the morning.
In general: invest in my own happiness this year, I want this to be a selfish year. I want to take care of myself and my relationship with Kris.

What are your 2017 New Year’s resolutions?

2 comments:

  1. You should start your YouTube channel now! The thing is that when we're too perfectionnist, we never do anything. Your first videos won't be that great, but keep uploading them, it's the only way to get better and make progress!
    Have a nice day!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, about the perfectionnism - it's something I hate sometimes, but it also keeps me improving myself. I will start very soon, I promise!

      Delete